Meena is a TV cartoon. It is mainly for SAARC countries. Meena is a 9 years old girl who fights against all odds. She is a spirited girl. She doesn`t fear in any danger. The sub characters of this cartoon are Raju and Mithu. Raju is the younger brother of Meena. Mithu is the pet bird of Meena. Mithu tries to save Meena from any danger. Sometimes she goes to school with Meena. The cartoon is broadcasted with a view to teach children something new. It was also broadcasted in Laos, Combodia and Vietnam. Meena is also a popular cartoon in Bangladesh . The UNICEF is mainly involve with making this cartoon. Menna goes to adventure with his brother Raju and parrot Mithu. When she was not allowed to go to school. Mithu went to her school and learned the lessons for teaching Meena. Another story tells that girls should eat rich foods like boys. Other stories are about dealing with disease, maintaining proper hygiene, and the benefits of learning to read. The cartoon is matched with the cultural activities and environment of South Asia.The cartoon have more than 30 episodes. the last episode is ‘Life Has Changed’. It is made for creating awareness among the tsunami effected people
- Meena`s granmother
- Meena`s parents
- Lali: A cow
- 'Rani': Meena and Raju`s little sister
- Munmun: A goat
- The shopkeeper: A bad person who doesn`t like Meena`s activity at all.
- Rita: A young village girl elder than Meena. When Meena is in danger she tries to help her. She got married with Shopkeeper`s son.
- Dipu: Meena`s classmate. He likes to disturb people. Mithu gave him warning for his annoying work.
- 'School madam': She is a school teacher. When Meena is in danger she gives some hints to Meena